CREATING VALUE FOR KANSAS THROUGH INVESTMENTS IN BIOSCIENCE.
Kansas Bioscience Authority is a venture investor. KBA invests its own funds, attracts co-investors, manages its portfolio companies, and calls on its network of partners and experts to generate a return on and of invested capital.
Focused on the industry sectors where Kansas has conspicuous advantages – agribusiness, animal health, human health, and life sciences tech, KBA brings deep industry expertise and capital raising experience to each opportunity.
With this focus, KBA investments serve the entrepreneur, co-investors and Kansas.
- Improve Return of, and On, Invested Dollars.
- Attract Private Equity Dollars into Kansas.
- Attract and Grow Economic-based Jobs.
- Increase Intellectual Property Commercialization.
- Increase Export of Products, Goods and Technology to a Global Market.
HISTORY OF THE KBA
The Kansas Bioscience Authority was created by the Kansas Economic Growth Act of 2004 to accelerate growth in the bioscience sector. Originally designed to generate bioscience jobs, KBA now is a market-based, self-sustaining venture capital organization.